Goa Chitra is a full fledged museum project which is currently self financed and owned by Mr. Victor Hugo Gomes and managed by the Dona Angela Memorial Trust.
Most of the exhibits on display are rare and are difficult and expensive to restore. Conservation and maintenance are recurring costs and demand substantial allocation of funds.
This has been a one-man effort so far, but the immenseness of this project requires support. There is a great urgency to develop an ethnographic / ethno historical profile of the Goan indigenous society.
The Goa Chitra Museum is open to inquiries from its many constituents, including visitors, students, schools and donors. There are a variety of ways you can get involved or help Goa Chitra maintain its collections and provide new exhibits and programs. Please follow the links for additional information on how you can help!
Enjoy a variety of programs and benefits. Your contribution will help fund many worthwhile projects, including a Museum internship program, exhibits, public programs, and lectures, as well as researchers who come to study our collections.
We welcome your participation in what promises to be a unique and memorable Museum experience.
Categories & Benefits:
- Individual, $50 (annual fee); Senior Citizens $25 (annual fee): Free admission for one. Invitations to members for exhibition openings and other special events. Reading room - access to Library.
- Family Membership, $100 (annual fee): All benefits above, plus workshops for two persons ( adults or children ). 10% Discounts at the museum shop. Invitation for two to annual museum event (inclusive of dinner).
- Privilege Membership $200 (annual fee): All Family benefits above, plus two one-day guest passes. Invitation to Annual farm day (inclusive of dinner).
How to Join:
For more information or to join, please contact Mr. Victor Hugo Gomes at email@example.com. Or make payment by check/ DD payable to Dona Angela Memorial Trust and mail to:
Salcete – Goa.
India. 403 716
1) Patron, $1000 and above (one time donation): All supporting benefits of privilege membership, plus eligibility to rent Museum spaces for private gatherings at special discounted rates. Permanent mention on donor’s plaque at the museum and all museum publications.
2) A One Dollar Campaign: As a means to support the mission of Goa Chitra, a requisite to build an oral history database (collect and catalog oral histories from community “old timers/Elders”) is urged. The goal of collecting oral histories involves more than just gathering information about the past. The research will compose a historical and ethnographic profile describing the cultural and historical features of the community and their life style. We are seeking support towards this vision to celebrate and preserve the history of the Gaunkar and Goan identity.
This is an ongoing process. The Donna Angela memorial trust looks for forming a corpus fund, the interest of which will maintain the place for posterity. The trust hope is that every Goan across the world sees this project as an extension of their ancestry. The one dollar campaign is the minimum that we request for from every individual who wishes to support this mission and call it their own.
The interest of the corpus fund shall be for the following expenses:
- Maintenance, restoration and conservation
- Annual insurance
- Research and documentation.
- Marketing, publicity and public relations.
-Duplicating machine (for preparation of informational educational materials)
-Audio visual equipment.
Your donations will also help purchases, supplies for free family-day programs, fund a skilled intern in the summer vacations, or support a lecture series and will even help install an new exhibition and museum extension.
All donations are very much appreciated!
To make a donation to Goa Chitra or for further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please contact us at
Dona Angela memorial trust
St. John the Baptist church road,
Salcete Goa - 403716 India
Donations can be made to the following account:
A/c Name- Dona Angela Memorial Trust
A/c No- 12211450000021
Bank Name- HDFC Bank Ltd, Margao, Goa, India
Branch Code- 1221
Swift Code- HDFCINBB
IFSC CODE- HDFC 0001221
MICR CODE- 403240020